Head Massage For Relaxation
By stretching and mobilising the tissues of the upper back, neck and shoulders, massage helps eliminate muscle tension and restore joint movement. Circulation is improved to the skin and underlying tissues, this helps to increase oxygen and nutrients to these areas and remove waste products. Head massage can be soothing and comforting as it re-balances the energy flow often resulting in an experience of peace and tranquillity. Additional benefit can be gained from the (optional) use of virgin oils to nourish the hair roots, promote improvement in the texture and condition of the hair. A variety of massage techniques are used within a treatment. By beginning with more vigorous work and progressing to gentler, calming massage, the patient is left feeling relaxed and with a sense of release.
Benefits of Head Massage:
- Improves circulation and lymphatic flow to the upper body.
- Helps to relieve muscle tension, improves/normalises muscle tone.
- Can help relieve and prevent tension headaches.
- Helps to restore joint mobility to the upper body.
- Helps to improve posture of the upper back, neck and shoulders.
- Helps improve concentration, clears the mind, enables person to focus his/her attention.
- Aids relaxation and helps to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety and mental tension by encouraging and stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Helps to rest the eyes and relieve eye strain.
- Helps to clear nasal and sinus congestion.
No posts found