Radiant Mind Awakening Unconditioned Awareness
Author- Peter Fenner
About the Author
Peter Fenner, PhD, studied as a monk for nine years with many notable Buddhist lamas, including Thubten Yeshe and Sogyal Rinpoche. He is founder of the Center for Timeless Wisdom, and author of numerous books, including Reasoning into Reality and The Edge of Certainty. He has taught workshops at Stanford Medical School, Columbia University, and elsewhere.
Whether it is called enlightenment, pure presence, or "unconditioned awareness," there exists an awakened state of true liberation that is at the heart of every contemplative tradition.
Yet according to Peter Fenner, this experience of boundless consciousness does not have to exist separately from your day-to-day "conditioned" existence. Rather, you can learn to live as a unique individual at the same time as you rest in a unified expanse of oneness with all existence―in a state he calls "Radiant Mind."
Students in the West often feel frustrated in trying to follow the Eastern path to awakening, confused by seemingly vague or counterintuitive teachings. Peter Fenner created the Radiant Mind practice to help you break through the obstacles that are often challenging for practitioners in our culture.
Drawing upon his background in both Eastern spirituality and Western psychology, Fenner brings you a precise, step-by-step approach to nondual practice that includes:
- How to observe and dissolve fixations to live in the here and now, without being controlled by your desires
- Practices to deepen and stabilize your experience of presence until it becomes second nature
- Communication as a path to openness―for you and those around you
- Tools for identifying your conscious and unconscious sources of suffering―and learning to transcend those patterns, and much more
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Sounds True; First Edition edition (July 1, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 159179577X
- ISBN-13: 978-1591795773